Friday, March 27, 2009

Lori Udy Benefit Concert - Please Read

This is a copy of a message on my son Ryan's blog. I thought it was very important and even if we can't be there we can help. My son is an amazing guy, he is in the Physician Assistance Program (a stringent 2-year full-time program), married to Christy (who is amazing), two sweet little girls and twins due in August! Even with his full life he is making time to help out this family.

My son Ryan, Christy and their sweet Children.

Please take the time to read this and search your heart. If you feel like you can help click on the Title Link or leave a comment below with your address so that we can get info to you.
-------------------------
Hey friends, this is Ryan. I'm the one lucky enough to be married to Christy. YESSS!! Anyways, I am blogging today to invite you all to a benefit concert for a beautiful mom, Lori Udy, that was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy, but unfortunately the cancer metastasized to her lymph nodes and has since infiltrated other organs. She doesn't have too much longer to live.
The Udy Family

Not only does her family have to deal with her end-stage cancer and saying goodbye to her, but they also have mounting medical bills that they cannot afford.



My good friend Rock Permann was talking to his lovely wife, Whitney a few weeks ago about a benefit concert that her group, Mercy River, and American Idol contestant David Osmond are going to be putting on to support the Udy family, when Whitney said, "what about the Pop Rocks?"


For those of you who don't know, I was in an A cappella group back at Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho, called Pop Rocks. We sang in lots of concerts and serenaded many people during our short time together. Since then we have all separated as we got married and moved away, but we have tried to keep in touch.


Back to the story: Rock thought about it a while and then decided to give it a shot: invite the members of the Pop Rocks to reunite for this benefit concert 9 years after the original Pop Rocks had dissolved.



When I first got the invite from Rock to reunite, I realized that I had a PA conference that weekend, so I ended up declining with a very sad heart. But soon I found out that every single one of the other original Pop Rocks were going to be able to make it, so I talked to my PA professors and they told me that for this occasion they would allow me to miss a part of the PA conference. Sweet! I called the guys and we made plans to somehow remember our old songs and sing!


To make a long story short (too late...), the concert is going to be at Rockland High School in Rockland, Idaho on April 3rd at 7 pm. tickets are $10, all of which will go directly to the Udy family to help them with the enormous amount of medical bills they have.


If you can come, PLEASE COME! This isn't about me, the Pop Rocks, Mercy River, or David Osmond, it's about the Udy family. Please let others know also! Make it into a date night and invite your family and friends! If you have any questions, please post a reply and we will be sure to get right on it.

No comments: