Friday, February 6, 2009

House Warming Card

On New Year's Eve we were invited to my neices new apartment for breakfast.  She made crepes complete with all kinds of wonderful toppings - it was decadent!  Her apartment is a studio that is so adorable and seems to work great for her.  I wanted to send her a Thank You and decided to use the house from Wild Card.  As I was looking at the picture I realized that there were several colors and that it might be a pain to change out colors.  I was up last night browsing my favorite blogs and found the perfect solution!  Of course I found the answer from Diane at Capadia.  She was cutting out some princesses and showing how to make all those layers with one mat cut.  It was the answer I didn't know I needed!  Thanks Diane.

Here is my mat after I made the cuts.  I forgot to take a picture before but I think you get the picture.
Here is a close-up of the cute house from Wild Card.  Xarissa's apartment building is blue so of course this one had to be the same.
There is also a cute envelope that goes along with card.  I embossed the door knob (not pictured) to give it a little dimension.  I also chalked everything to give it that old world feel.  I hope Xarissa likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute and creative! I'm sure it was much appreciated!
smiles,Deena