Friday, November 13, 2009

Celebrations!

Celebrations are so fun and I love to try to make them special.  Not everyone feels this way.  To me, to be able to celebrate the birth of someone is to celebrate their life.  I don’t mean that there needs to be lots of presents or that we have to spend a lot of money.  There are lots of ways to let someone know that we love them and are glad that we are a part of their life.

During this Birthday celebration the hand balloon pump was a big hit.  We blew up different shaped balloons and made funny animals and crazy head gear.  Not a lot of money but LOTS of fun.

2002_IsaBday1_web This layout is the celebration of one of our granddaughters.  Isa has a brother but is so delicate and ladylike.  She has the cutest little giggle and gives wonderful hugs.  Even though she isn’t the oldest child in her family she mothers everyone gently.  I am so grateful that she is in our lives.  At the time these pictures were taken these grandchildren would spend several days a week with us and it was so fun to watch the dynamics and growth of each child. 

I had just married their grandfather that year and so I was new to the family.  2002_IsaBday2_webAll three of these grandchildren pictured was introduced to me and their parents explained the circumstances and I fell in love instantly.  The kids just accepted me and we were soon playing on the floor as if we always had.  I am so grateful for the innocent acceptance that I received and for all the time we were able to spend together.

Sadly one family moved from the area.  Because of health, we moved also.  We now only get to visit each other for short periods and phone calls.  I miss them so much but every time we talk on the phone it is as if no time has passed.  More children have been added and we still have many reasons to celebrate these precious lives.  We pray for them daily and think of them often.  We love all of you.

No comments: