Monday, March 29, 2010

Design My Life – Finally!

Twelve weeks ago I started an online class at BigPictureScrapbooking.com which I was so excited about. Needless to say I didn’t get the time to do the class. So….I am now going to work on that class plus the current class. My first class is by one of my favorite designers; Cathy Zielske titled Design Your Life. I love Cathy’s layouts because she uses very basic templates and actually gets a lot done in a small amount of time. I sit and worry over each layout so that I don’t get anything done. I thought that Cathy could help and boy was I right! The class taught basic design principles which help me to not be so intimidated. Our first prework assignment was to fill in a page with our intention for this class. Here is my page:

 

Intentions_web

Our next prework assignment was to create a 12 x 12 personal style/mission statement layout. I’m going to try to do most of these pages digitally so that I can learn skills to help me in my personal scrapbooking. Cathy has us keep a binder of our work and I love it because each page is a different size and so we are mixing it all up. I love the look and freedom to do what I want.

PreworkLayout12x12_web

For those of you who haven’t seen me in a while may notice that my picture is a bit different. Yes, I finally covered the grey! I know it took Bob so many years to talk me into letting the grey come in but I’ve decided that I’m not quite ready. I LOVE it and feel younger already. 

CIMG0265

Here’s the before picture a few days before.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Christy said...

Love your new hair and hair cut! It does make you look 10 years younger! You are always beautiful though. I can't wait to see your board in a week! ;)